Friends of SWCS Room Representative
While the Room Parent focuses on the academic and social needs within the classroom, the Friends Room Representative plays an equally vital, behind-the-scenes role in school success by facilitating excellent home-school communication.
Friends Room Representatives are asked to:
- Serve as a connection between Friends and the classroom teacher.
- Solicit contact information of classroom families on a voluntary basis.
- Communicate Friends news to families.
- Welcome new parents and students who enter the class.
- With direction and assistance from the Teacher Appreciation Coordinator (Stacy Goldstein), lead parent involvement in teacher appreciation gifts and events.
- Organize class auction items (donations, craft items, etc).
- Maintain teacher wish lists and communicate that list to the Friends Board.
What is the time commitment?
This is a great opportunity to forge a relationship between the classroom teacher and parents. Many tasks can be completed through email and phone calls at home.
Friends Room Representatives:
- open, Raina (kindergarten)
- open, Nesa (1st/2nd)
- open, Angie (1st/2nd)
- open, Susan (3rd)
- open, Elizabeth (4th/5th)
- open, Morgan (4th/5th)
- open, Lisa (6th)
- open, Chris (7th)
- open, Emily (8th)
Contact SWCS if you have any questions or would like to volunteer.