Every classroom needs parents dedicated to promoting a classroom community and communication. Many classes utilize at least one Room Parent, depending on teacher needs and preferences.
Job responsibilities vary with each teacher and grade level. Room parents may be asked to:
- Communicate classroom news from teachers to parents
- Organize events and class parties
- Recruit volunteers for field trips
- Stuff homework folders
- Make photocopies
- Prepare art projects for display
- Photograph projects, events, trips and other great memories
What is the time commitment?
The time commitment is different for each grade level and depends on the teacher needs. Some projects can be completed after school hours.
2016-17 Room Parent List:
Raina: Rachael Stedman
Nesa: Moanna Wright
Angie: Nicole Rosen & Coral Thomas
Susan: Sarah Mutal
Morgen: Christine Bravo
Elizabeth: Sarah Gilmore
Lisa: Erica Bailey
Chris: JoLea Ulschmid
Email Friends of SWCS at email@example.com if you have any questions or would like to volunteer.